Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Good Week for me....

Many of you know I do tech support for an Apple contractor, specifically mind numbing iPod support, well no more. I am moving internally to be the Knowledge Engineer for a new client. Back to what I do best, technical writing. I will be responsible for the creation of all support documentation for a large software pkg used for Education data management for k-12 systems throughout the US.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Eeks, whata week

Training was to start on Wen, come in, find out the co. backed out of the contract at the last min. I think the steam coming from ears scared the HR witch, was given day off with pay.

Come in noon as scheduled on Thurs, get pulled into a meeting with Dir of Ops. I've been "volunteered" for transitional training to move to a new Apple que. I'll be supporting iBooks and powerbooks now, grrrrr, and no I don't get to the pay raise. At least training is 9-6 and it's already 1, 1/2 day off with pay, thank you.

Fri looms, a snow squall races thru some local areas at 5am. 2 tractor trailers mate and proceed to close highway, traffic backed up in both directions for 15+ miles. 13 mile commute takes 2 hrs. Training class ends about an hour early, nice, another paid hour. Head home, I'm 1/2 mile from exit, oh no that car up there just bounced off the Jersey wall, oh crap, it bounced under the back wheels of that truck. Oh geeze, that other truck just jack-knifed blocking the entire road. Oh goody, another truck plows thru the now sideways trailer. Both directions of highway are blocked, Pull to shoulder and try to plot way across fields to escape. Cops come, 4 local volunteer fire co. respond. Chopper lands on highway and whisks away the injured. Must say for the response was incredibly fast in this rural area. 2 hrs later after front end loaders scoop up cargo and haz-mat teams clean spills the road opens back up in both directions, but Mr Officer asks for a statement as he reckons I was close enough to see the carnage. Another 30 min to do my civic duty.

Sure glad it's Friday!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Amazing how things change in the corp world. When last I wrote a contract I was about work on was cancelled and I was switched to a different department. Well lighting does strike twice. Last Friday the HR witch came back to me and offered another position as the Knowledge Base Coordinator for a different division. After some discussion I took that position and it's been a week since I started. I am now part of 2 man team that writes tech support articles for internal as well as external use for over 300 products. I'm back to a more normal 8-5 M-F schedule. Office is filled with games, we mostly support gaming software and I have to actively test them. Due to Non Disclosure Agreements I am not at liberty to mention the games or the companies, but suffice to say we cover all the major PC and standalone devices. Next week I will be 2 new clients writing all the support documents for some web based shared gaming applications. In this capacity they give me an unlimited account to play the games as we need to.

The best part is I don't take calls from end users!!!

Still writing for the organic farm and I'm about to take over management of the web site. Once revamped I'll post the URL and seek your comments.

My side business of PC repair has also been rather busy, I received an order from a local construction firm to build them 8 PC's a server and a wireless network for their office.

The light at the end of the tunnel finally is not the locomotive bearing down on me for a change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts