Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've kept aquaria off and on for the last 25 years (more off than on) and just got back into the hobby with a planted tank:
AGA 90-gal, Eheim ProII 2026
CO2: Milwaukee reg, Pinpoint controller, Reactor 200
Lighting: IceCap 430 w/ three NO T-12s (~190W)​
Rainbowfishes: Melanotaenia lacustris, M. trifasciata (Goyder River), M. herbertaxelrodii
Tateurndina ocellicauda
(Peacock Gudgeon)
Corydoras punctatus
Ancistrus sp.
Paracheirodon innesi
("Gold Neon Tetra")

Plants include: H. difformis, H. polysperma v. 'Tropical Sunset', B. monnieri, Anubias barteri v. 'nana', Microsorum pteropus, M. pteropus 'Windeløv', and Vesicularia dubyana
All in all, things are going pretty well. Fish are healthy and happy. Had the normal green algae troubles. I'm currently trying to dose my way out of persistent green water. Just can't seem to figure out which nutrient is the key, though.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :)

Like to see some pics of your tank.

Alaska, got to be cold there!...Highs here in NC was 31F.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's 9°F as I type this but it's been a weird winter so far...often unseasonably warm, followed by colder than normal. Snowfall is off too. Peters Creek is in the Municipality of Anchorage (south-central Alaska) and our weather is milder than much of the state...especially the interior. We don't get as cold or as hot as, say, Fairbanks.

Pics of the tank will have to wait until I get this GW cleared up. Can't have folks lookin' at my messy house, ya know.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
It's been cool here in northern Minnesota too. Yesterday morning we hit a low of -44° F, but it was -54° not too far from here.

My Hubby was in Alaska a couple of years ago, and the photos he brought home were breathtaking. He flew into Anchorage, and proceeded up to the North Pole area where he has a friend. One of these years I'm going to get up there for a viewing myself. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts