Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found these crypts. They are large. the tallest is more the 1 foot. Its leaves has olive green color top and red color bottom. minimal bullation. I thought it was affinis. But some of them have pattern on it that looks like schulzei not far from this location. Unfortunately I couldn't find any flower.

What do you guys think?

Yoong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool grab i wish i lived were crypts grew wild :O
It is not easy to find crypts here. Only few of the crazy hobbist wonder around blindly for crypts. I had a few unfruitful trips before and had I gave up looking around my area as it is too developed and chances of finding crypts are low.

There are plenty of deforestation and construction in Malaysia and I fear that the site will be lost to civilisation soon.

Yoong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take a good look at thier leaves. THEY HAVE BRIGHT RED MARKING. That is something I have not seen before. Simply Beautiful.

Yoong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Yoong, I have seen this red marking before. Yup, its C. shulzei. Nice collection.;)
Mike,
Thanks for the input. I will try to flower them to confirm it.

In fact I was in Kuching over the weekend. Went for jungle trekking instead of crypt hunting. Found 6types of pitchers on a single track. I was so amazed. When I came back to Kuching wanted to buy the cultivated one, I can't find any nursery selling them. Should have contacted you before I went.

Sarawak is really blessed for its natural habitat. I hope it can be kept that way for as long as possible as there are plenty of constructions going on there too.

Yoong

1 - 12 of 12 Posts