Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Description: The first compact aquarium heater that operates externally, saving interior aquarium space. Installs vertically in the return line of a canister filter or sump, allowing better heat distribution as water returns to the aquarium. Built-in clamps for easy plumbing, and temperature adjusts from 65° - 93°F on an ergonomic knob. Durable plastic casing protects internal parts. Indicator lights up when heating. 5-1/2 ft. cord. UL-listed.

Keywords: Hydor ETH In-Line Heaters

View attachment 40

·
Registered
98 Posts
Awesome awesome heater! Wouldn\'t buy anything else! Highly recommended!

Rating10
Prosworks really well, very constant in keeping dialed temperature
Consclicks on/off
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have 2 of the smaller 0.5\" in-line heaters on Eheim 2224 filters. They are very reliable and accurate. I highly recommend them.

Andrew Cribb

ProsAccurate and reliable
Cons--
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
61 Posts
Easy plub in. I bought the larger of the 2 200 watt models, for 5/8\" ID tubing for use on my fluval 104. The 104 has 5/8\" OD tubing, but I wanted the larger interrior \'bore\' to cut down on any possible flow restriction. I ordered some fluval rubber adapters to complete my plumb-in.

Since I have been using this heater, the temp has not budged from 78f at all. Slightly noisy when it clicks off or on, but not a nuisance at all. Excellent unit, excellent quality, excellent performance, decent price.

Rating9
ProsKeeps water temp very constant.
ConsNeeds well designed hanger.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
I got this for a 50 gal I recently set up. I love it! It maintains temp steadier than any other heater I have used in the past and it doesn\'t take up any space inside the tank. I highly recommend this!

Rating10
ProsAccurate temp maint; not in tank
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great heater, accurate and unseen.

Only problem is that the heat dial is easily moved if bumped. I suspect my cat rubbed herself on the heater, and bumped the temp up to 34*c while I was at work! Many ice blocks and a hook later the heater is safely hanging high in the cupboard.

A locking device like that on the Eheim Jager would have been great.

Rating9
ProsOut of sight, accurate
ConsTemp dial easilt moved
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Great product. Temperature is kepted accurate according to 3 coralife digital thermometers, and a glass thermometer. Quick to install on the hoses of the canister filter lines. Flow is not reduced as far as I can tell.

During the summer, when you don't want the heater on, you can just unplug it, and let it be. The biggest plus is that it takes things out of the tank.

-John N.

Rating10
ProsEasy to install inline with canister filter. Hidden and accurate
ConsNothing bad to say about product.
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought this for a 55g FW tank. I am really pleased with it. At first it was quite audible as it cycled on and off but after about a week it became very quiet. It is very accurate and it is hidden out of sight!

I love it.

Rating9
ProsHidden and very accurate
ConsArray
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts