Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hydroponics (here in canada) offers a 6-pack of dry ferts, one of these is CaNO3 (calcium nitrate) which I dont see being used in the PPS-Pro method, is this a misread on my part or is it not needed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Re: Newbie Guide to PPS-Pro

Is making the pps-pro solution in a 500ml bottle better than making it in a liter bottle? I just made a liter size bottle and my tanks just started to break out with silk algae and brown hair algae. I am going to make a 500ml bottle again. I switched cause I am to lazy to make the solution every month. What are your opinions?
it doesn't matter size container you use. it's whatever you find most convenient.

for a 500ml container you need:
solution #1: 29g k2so4, 33g kno3, 3g kh2po4, 20g mgso4
solution #2: 40g TE

in a 1L (1000ml) container you need:
solution #1: 59g k2so4, 65g kno3, 6g kh2po4, 41g mgso4
solution #2: 80g TE

is this what you used when you switched to the 1L container?

hydroponics (here in canada) offers a 6-pack of dry ferts, one of these is CaNO3 (calcium nitrate) which I dont see being used in the PPS-Pro method, is this a misread on my part or is it not needed?

Thanks.
check the label, otherwise it's not really needed. at least i've never needed it and my plants are doing well without it.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
CaNO3 is not necessary for aquatic plants although you can use it for house plants if you like particularly large plants like palms and so on. Not for grasses, herbs and fern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts