Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Hygro. 'bold' in my tank for nearly 3 months. Up until recently it was the deep maroon/burgundy color you see in high-light situations (like the pic in the PlantFinder) . But as of just a couple days ago, I noticed the growth is more green.

The only change in my tank is that I replaced my DIY CO2 with a pressurized system 6 days ago. Is that what's happening? Is the better source of CO2 letting the plants eat up all the nutrients and leading to a slight defficiency? I've not seen any deff. in my other plants...except the Ludwigia is not as red as it has been.

I use EI dosing with dry ferts, have hard Houston tap water, and between 2.6 and 3.2 WPG depending on how you figure lighting efficiency and tank capacity. (130 watts CF, 30 watts t-8, 55 gal tank that actually only has a 47 gal capacity. )

-Dave

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I wonder, dave, if you are just getting more growth off of your ludwigia and hygro since switching to pressurized CO2. Faster growth will lead to this new coloration. I would dose more dry ferts to compensate, and it should color back up again.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Donald. I'll do that and give it a week, and then update with any results. :cool:

-Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts