Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I am thick, I can't do maths, I was always rubbish at it... so I really should stick to a calculator in future.

I have been dosing my PPS pro solutions 40mls each for the last two days. My husband just pointed out, as my tank is 100gals, and it's 1ml per 10gals, I should have been putting in 10mls.

So I've been overdosing by a factor of 4.

Should I do a water change? Will my fish be harmed?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Well, you dosed 8 days of ferts in 2 days, which gives you (in theory) 6 days of ferts sitting in the tank. If it were me, I would go 6 days without any ferts, and then resume the daily routine.

I must point out that I'm not totally familiar with PPS, however. So, take this advice with a grain of salt.

-Dave

·
Banned
732 Posts
I have been dosing my PPS pro solutions 40mls each for the last two days. My husband just pointed out, as my tank is 100gals, and it's 1ml per 10gals, I should have been putting in 10mls.

So I've been overdosing by a factor of 4.

Should I do a water change? Will my fish be harmed?
Actually you should be OK! This is the real value of PPS. You don't add a lot of stuff to your tank.

If you just started your tank, your levels of NPK will only be 8/0.8/8 ppm, which is still below the recommended EI levels.

My feeling is you can just continue with the regular dosing and not worry too much.

BTW my experience, so far, with PPS is that you should change some water each week and check you NPK levels weekly to make sure you are not getting out of range either too high or too low. I guess after I have more experience I'll be able to check the plant growth and know what the NPK levels are.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys :)

My fish seem perfectly fine, and my plants are looking pretty good today - I don't know if that's coincidence. I didn't put any in today.

Is general concensus that I shouldn't add any more for 6 days, or should I continue dosing as usual tommorow?

In future, I should realise I can't do maths, and use a calculator to double check even if I THINK I've done it right in my head. I think my error here, was I confused gallons with litres.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts