Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
gpodio said:
I haven't tried them yet but I have enough to add a couple to the pond. Not sure what the lowest water temperature for them is, but many other plants I throw in the pond do well. Problem for me is winter, they all die by then if I don't bring them in.

Giancarlo Podio
GP, I'm interested to hear what plants you have had survive in your pond. So far, I've had parrot's feather and duckweed do well in my pond.

·
Registered
302 Posts
gpodio said:
Oh yes, duckweed and frogbit does great in a pond, winter is the only thing that gets rid of it :D

I have lotuses, hornwart, ludwigia, bacopa.... most of the stem plants will do fine. Plenty of bog plants but none that I keep in the tanks. Water temperature is my main enemy, I can grow just about anything in the summer but as soon as the water temperature starts to drop they start to die. If you are in a warmer climate you shouldn't have any problems growing anything really. Your fish may also find some of the plants tasty, all my fish dies last year from a disease introduced by a new koi so I should have better success this year with plants.

Giancarlo Podio
This pond sounds terrific! Do you have a thread regarding this pond with pictures too? I'd love to hear more about it!! :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Heck, GP, I'll go out there and rake the leaves for you for free!! Do you live in the Bay Area? With the magic that you work in your house with your aquariums, i expect nothing less than a huge stand of flowering bacopas among others!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.