Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this started growing in my emersed set up's. In both my emersed setup's. only within the dwarf hair grass Eleocharis parvula i think.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wanted to say im pretty sure this was a hitch hiker on the grass. it seams to be growing at spots now away from the grass with out runners that i can see. i also dont see roots. this stuff is super tiny! i think its a moss but way nano size. i cant stress how small it is.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
About the only thing I can tell is that it's a moss. Highly detailed, really sharp photos might help, but consulting a bryologist is probably the best option. It's one thing to know what native stems and so on are, but with moss it's a whole new ball game.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is small, and yes it could be a moss, i have been unable to really see any roots and thats the only way i know to tell a moss. with out a microscope and a degree that is.

i put some in my pico this morning to see if its capable of growing submersed. maybe it only grows emerged and that is why know body seams to recognize it?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I've no idea what it is but it looks cool. I hope it grows for you in your pico, but even if it doesn't it's great in your emersed setup.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Not sure if this is it, but it may be Plagiomnium affine.
I wouldn't hazard a guess as to species, but Plagiomnium was my first thought too. I hope you can grow a lot of it - I think the vivarium folks might like to trade you lots of green for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts