Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a 10g light fixture thay could bring to the next meeting??? I had been wanting to put another one on the tank but just haven't had the motivation yet. My fixture quit today so I figured there's my motivation :)

I only need the fixture and it doesn't have to work, but that would be a bonus. I can trade "green" for it, either plants or cash :)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have an extra one if you want it Matt. Just say when you would like it. I can stop by anytime but Saturday Afternoon. Or after 2:00pm Friday.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For some reason the fixture worked this morning when the timer kicked on??? Probably operator error :)

I can still use the fixture just no hurry for it since the other one is working. I've been wanting to try another 15w on the 10g for a while now. Now I will see if Excel alone is enough for 3wpg on a 10g tank :) I really don't want to do CO2 on this tank too!

If you can bring it to the meeting, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input Turtlehead...time will tell on that I'm sure. I don't dose or maintain this tank very well...it is supposed to be a low light low maintenance setup after all :) Hopefully things go well with the added light.

As a side note, I replaced the GE Plant and Aquarium lamp that was in this fixture with a GE Fresh and Saltwater (9325K) lamp and am already seeing what appears to be new growth on some of the pearlweed. Of course, changing the light was what caused it not to work in the first place :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts