Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow I finally talked the wife into letting me get a 92 corner tank. WOOOWHOOO!!! This does mean I'm going to have to get rid of my planted 125 gallon and the jbj power compact fixtures. Oh well. I was thinking about using just metal halide fixtures. Is this a wise choice??? Can it be done? what "K" bulb should I use?I would like just one pendulem fixture but, I would use 2 or 3 if needed. Can I get away with just one??? Maybe 400w bulbs??? My goal is to get the cheapest and most efficeint lighting. I figured one metal halide bulbs is better than 6 96w bulbs. Can anyone help me out. I'm open to suggestions. Thank you

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Was thinking I'd like it to be high lighting. I will be using a pressurized co2 system with a rainbow lifegard filteration system. I was thinking about putting ricca in the tank and I'd probably let it grow for a while before I add any other plants. I know I'd also like to put Tonia,Ammannia gracilis, red tiger lotus, and blood star garss maybe. The main fish will be congo tetras. Thanks for your reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.