Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a email from greg watson he didnt understand that i am new to this i need to know what i need to order from him so i got all that i need for my plants i am not sure what and how much to order i got about 80 dollars to spend can any and everybody give me your opion thanks

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I would order 1lb sizes of the following

1. CSM+B Plantex
2. Mono Potassium Phosphate KH2PO4
3. Potassium Sulfate K2SO4
4. Potassium Nitrate KNO3

Locally at a drug store I would pick up generic, unflavored Epsom Salts, that would be the Magnesium Sulfate component. Depending on the substrate used you many or may not need to add Calcium.

A digital scale would be good too. Nothing outlandish This one will be sufficent, may as well spring for the 100g calibration weight too.

You'll need a few bottles of 500ml or slightly larger, A cleaned big mouth Pepsi bottle works well, or if you want to get fancy you can order some 500ml Nalgene bottles from a lab supply house, however that is not required.

A way to measure the liquids in ml is also good. I see Greg has a glass that goes to 120ml and it's inexpensive. Never have seen it so cannot comment. I like something marked in 1ml increments, but thats me. Having priced graduated cyclinders that glass is a bargin.

All this is under your budget.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Gnatsters advice is right on the money; however, if I may interject one more piece of advice... Type and post properly, using punctuation and complete sentances.

I understand that there are people here from all over the world so proper english may be difficult but it is worth trying atleast. I assume the problem Greg had was not understanding what you meant, but more in understanding you at all. When I see posts like yours, I do not usually read them or offer any advice as your lack of any attempt to help those trying to help you leaves me as interested as you seem. Spelling for now can be let slide, as there is currently no spell check feature, and I understand what it is like to be a bad speller. However, some attempt is still required.

Laziness is contageous;)

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
If I may add....

That jpg in the sig is very distracting, can it be made 1/2 or 1/4 that size?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry not that great of a typist either! lol
Thanks for the fert. list.
I use floright sub.
Do i need iron or is it in the plantex ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts