Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aaron said:
I like the approach that a crypt guy I know has in identifying his plants... the red one, the greenish red one, the skinny one, the bumpy skinny one... ignorance is bliss...

Aaron
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats exactly what I got from the local trader here...

I haven't got any experience with balansae and retrospiralis, & the pics I've seen do not seem to match the undulation & color this plant has. I was told that the probable cause is that this crypt has been submersed in shallow water under full blasting sunlight, which is typical condition of local plant farmer here. If this is any of the 2 possible crypts, how long will it change shape (if ever :lol: ), I will put an updated pic.

Budi

Attachments

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks.. I hope that too :D . The post pic seems a bit different than the actual color. If I can describe, it is more of shinny darkish copper color.
It has been about 2 weeks in the tank now (melt some old leaves but new tips grow too). What concern me a bit is I place them in the front side of the tank, and I just found out from the literature that it can grow upto 22" :shock:. I really don't want to move it... I hope it is a short form of balansae. :lol: :lol:

Budi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.