Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Unfortuantly i have some ich on my new cardinals i added few days ago.

I'm not sure what treatment i should use as i havent encounted an ich outbreak before.

My tank houses cherry shrimps, amano shrimps, ottos and cardinals. with a carpet of hairgrass eleocharis acc. so i know the medication should not contain copper.

I do not have an extra tank to move my shrimp so unfortuantly they'd have to stay in the tank during the medication time.

my tanks temperature is currently at 79f/23c

theres only afew cardinals that are infected, approximately 5 of them with 1-3 white spots on them. Is it an absolute must that medication is required? I remember seeing few dots on new added cardinals but it only lasted 2-3 days then gone for a month, till i added the new fish 3 days ago. (i do understand although when parasite is not attached to a host it can still be alive at the bottom of the tank)

Well the bottom line is what are your experiences and what works?

Thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wow.. thats alot to read up, i've learned alot..

my temperature is now at 81-82, as i dont want to raise it too quickly.
after abit of research, i've come to the understanding that salt and medication works for treating ich and either way has worked for others.
i'm not too keen of adding medication to my tank, i kind of want to try the salt method.
I'll keep everyone updated with what happens with my tank

just out of curiousity, my dosing of ferts remains on schedule?

actually regarding 'quick-cure' will the blue stain the tank? cause i've read that the meth blue will stain the tank or somethign liek that?

I do appreciate everyones suggestions and replies,
Thanks for the help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts