Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
7,423 Posts
The first one is something I saw on Grassy Aqua (a Japanese site). I thought it said it was a Bacopa, but it doesn't look like one I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I just went and checked the site and it's turned into some sort of commercial site that has nothing to do with plants. That's really unfortunate, because I was going to ask if anyone who speaks Japanese could help me get in touch with the guy. :neutral:

It's hard to make much of the second one. What makes you say it's not 'Porto Velho'?

·
Administrator
7,423 Posts
I'm inclined to say it's not a Ranunculus.

Looks like the Japanese site is back up. The translation isn't good, but you get the idea (Plants and Fish, then dense foreground).
http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=4o9

And sure, the small plant could indeed be 'Porto Velho'. I think a big thing that can confound identifying plants is variability due to different conditions. The plasticity of some species is amazing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.