Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
They appear to be Glossostigma elatinoides and a Hygrophila species to me…

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please open images in a new tab to have a better view.
The carpet was from seed, and the other emersed.
Both growing excellent no co2, no ferts, potting mix.
When started not even 30% coverage, now it has full coverage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've hesitated to post because I know that there are aquatic plant experts on this list who know far more about plants than myself, but when I looked at the lower picture in the first post I saw what appear to be dark brown rhizomes with some hairy roots of the same color emanating from them. From that it seemed like it might be a type of java fern. The leaf in that picture also looked like it could be Java fern. The problem I saw with that, though, is that the rhizome is planted in the substrate, in which case it would rot. I thought, though, that because the substrate appears to be very large with wide spaces between it, that could allow the java fern, if it is such, to survive; creating a condition that is more like the java fern being on small rocks.

Now, though, with the second picture posted, the plants in the lower picture do not look like java fern because they have green stems and not brown rhizomes.

Now I ask if any of you know what's going on here with the plants in the lower picture. I've never seen a plant stem change like that from green to brown and still be alive and growing. Any thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts