Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally went plant hunting with one of my grandsons in the swamps west of here. Man, I cannot believe the variety we found. We only brought back just a few of what was available and will put pics ups later. We found Lizards Tail, a star grass of some kind, Giant Sag, Babies tears, Two different types of what look like ludwigia(the red type), Quillwort, Mudwort, lots of Willow moss, and many I have absolutely no idea what they are except they're growing submersed. If and when I get my camera back from other grandson I'll put pictures up here.. Thanks for the suggestion about the swamps Tom,... Jim

·
Registered
542 Posts
Great job Jim,

It looks like it was a very fruitful, satisfying, and fun expedition.

Maybe we can start swapping some of the indigenous stuff soon, once mine grows out a bit. I got some nice Potamogeton sp., Zosterella dubia, Cabomba, Hygrophilia polysperma, Riccia. Most of it is slowly recovering from a bleaching.

Post some pics soon!

Steve Pituch

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question regarding plant heaven

Speaking of plant heaven....

A work colleague hypothesized that there is a plant heaven. Although the possibility of such a place is very encouraging and left me with an immediate relief from the burden of guilt I've carried for every weed I pulled, I found myself troubled with many questions.

If there is a plant heaven, is it separate from regular (human) heaven?

Do new plants grow in heaven, or do they just use old plant souls?

Do they pull weeds in heaven? If so, is there a heaven after heaven for them and do they also get pulled there?

I figured an august group of aquatic plant enthusiasts might know the answers or at least be able to speculate.

·
Registered
645 Posts
In plant heaven plants live off cookies and milk instead of NPK etc... Thats all i know for sure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts