Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

Guys from NASH, I am looking for bits of E.tenellus, glosso, and any other foreground plants(save HC and Lilaeopsis). If you have any of these and don't mind donating a lil to yours truly, I would very much appreciate it:) I have bits and pieces of all kinds of plants. If you are in need or anything in particular, lemme know and if I have them, they are yours.

In any case, something more or less uncommon that I have and trying to propagate:

-Echinodorus deep purple
-Echinodorus red chilli
-Echinodorus tri Color
-Marsilea minuta

These are the plants I am currently propagating so if you are interested and you have the plants I am looking for, we can do some kindda swap.
Thanks for the big help!

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Paul,

We're sending a huge care package for NASH. Luis should have it by Wednesday this week. :D
I'm not sure exactly what's in it, but I think there were a few foreground type plants.

-Aaron

·
Registered
719 Posts
Paul,
I have some tenellus I could give ya'. One of the few things that didn't get hit by the hurricane. LMK

John

·
Registered
550 Posts
Holly mother of God look who is here! Mr. John, nice to hear from you man! How about you join us again this Friday for some pizza and a few AWESOME plants?
Best regards,
Luis

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
So, is this Friday the meeting, or is that just a get-together and the actual meeting will be later? I don't want to miss out, but Friday I'll be driving all day (from Stamford to Houston...Friday night I'll be a Houstonian again!!!!!) .

-Dave

·
Registered
469 Posts
Let me know where and when cause I really don't want to miss this. I was hoping it would be closer to where I work this time. Maybe if we have it on the west side somewhere Complexity can make it too.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey John, good to see you, man! Lemme know what works best for ya with respect to the plants. Perhaps we can meet somewhere in the middle of Houston. It's all good:)

Luis, I will be in Austin this Friday so will have to miss out on the pizzas. Got myself a Halloween parade in Austin..OHHHHYEAH!!! 6th street, baby:rolleyes:
With that being said, what a bummer I will miss to see all the plants that will arrive this weekend. Are we sure they will get there by this Friday?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Houston we have a problem I guess we will have to do this Saturday instead I completely forgot about the Halloween deal and having two small children I have to be there!
What do you think? If you have any more suggestion let us know but we have to do this Saturday the latest.
Luis

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
:D Saturday is GREAT for me!!! I can be there. Just name the time and place. :D

-Dave

·
Registered
719 Posts
Holly mother of God look who is here! Mr. John, nice to hear from you man! How about you join us again this Friday for some pizza and a few AWESOME plants?
Best regards,
Luis
Yeah, I'm still hanging around. Been busy with a new job. We're building a house too, so life's a little hectic right now. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 120cm tank after I move in depending on funds. I should be able to make it Saturday if that is the plan. I'd like a few rare plants for sure.

Paul,
What day & time would be good to meet up. I can't do Thursday or Friday this week, but anything else is fine.

John

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saturday's Gathering at Star Pizza

Hi to all,

As you all may know, we are receiving a HUGE donation of plants from GWAPA this week. And believe you me when I say huge. So Luis and I will be sorting through them to ID as well as batch plants of the same species. These are enormous and generous portions of plants from our brethrens in GWAPA. So brace yourself as there will plants of all kinds to suit your aquatic layout needs:) I reckon it to be the aquarium's getting overdose:rolleyes:

***New members are welcome to join us by all means and worry not about paying dues. You can if you want to but by no means are you obligated to pay this time. Just come join us and have some fun!

Place: Star Pizza

Date: Saturday, November 1st, 2008

Time: Dinner at around 6-7PM(Try to come in within this one hour, but we
will stay until however long we want)

*****Last but not least, a HUGE thanks to GWAPA for all of their donations. Let's do these plants justice by growing them beautifully in our layouts*****

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
You guys are more than welcome. I'm hoping the packages will make it by tomorrow sometime. Off the top of my head there were packages of...

Hygro sp. 'Low Grow'
Marsilea minuta
Rotala macrandra
Lindernia anagallis
Pogostemon stellatus
Limnophila sp. 'Mini'
Ludwigia 'Cuba'
Echinodorus 'Vesuvius'
HC
Val nana
Ludwigia repens
Ludwigia repens x arcuata
Vallisneria spiralis
Blyxa japonica
Lobelia cardinalis
Rotala verticillaris
Rotala sp. 'Colorata'
Java fern 'Windelov'

There's more I'm not remembering too. It should be enough to get some decent scapes back together for you guys.\

And hey, I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you guys at this year's AGA Convention. :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think Paul has it

Sorry I have been out for a few days (Thanks for backing me up guys) been in a training class. Saturday @ Star Pizza
Lunch or dinner is fine with me.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
WOOHOO! :whoo: I just got clearance from the boss (my wife ;) ) to be there! I'm so excited to meet everyone.

Another big "thank you" to GWAPA and everyone else who has given to the Houston Area.

One question: What's the address for Star Pizza (so I'll know where it is) ?

-Dave

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Rotala 'Pink'
that purple cabomba
Normal sized marselea
E. "Midifleur" plantlet
Hygro Angustifolia

Are some more I think are in there. ;)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah, I'm still hanging around. Been busy with a new job. We're building a house too, so life's a little hectic right now. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 120cm tank after I move in depending on funds. I should be able to make it Saturday if that is the plan. I'd like a few rare plants for sure.

Paul,
What day & time would be good to meet up. I can't do Thursday or Friday this week, but anything else is fine.

John
Hey John, Good to see you here after along time.

Bhushan

·
Registered
550 Posts
OK guys the plants are here Paul is coming to the office later on today to pick up the plants and keep them going until Saturday GWAPA sent different species that will make you smile! THANK YOU GWAPA!
So is it dinner or lunch have we decided yet?
Luis

1 - 20 of 30 Posts