Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
First post here. While I wait for my dry start to develop I have purchased some items to harden my water as the gh is one and the kh is 11. Following the recipe discussed here and the information on page 87 of the Walsted method I have some salt substitute made by Windsor. Ingredients consist of potassium chloride,calcium silicate,magnesium carbonate,sugar and finally potassium iodide.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you Gadget Girl for the link.I am hoping Ms.Walstad will chime in and offer some guidance. If this product isn’t up to snuff I am certainly going to go with your recommendation. 😀

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for the pic. In the link you provided I got the description but for some reason it wouldn’t provide the pic.I am not real techy but even my search wouldn’t bring it up. Thanks again for your help. 😀

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for your input Ms.Walstad.I bought your book a couple of years ago and am now into week 1 of the dry start. Your book is a treasure trove of information. I might just return this salt sub and purchase the item Gadgetgirl mentioned. Thanks again ladies for your help. 😀

1 - 6 of 6 Posts