Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While researching on Eichornia diversifolia, I am very surprised to learn that it does not grow well with Heteranthera zosterifolia, with the E. diversifolia looking sickly and black. Has anyone else experience something similar or know why/how this alleopathic interaction occurs?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I've grown them right next to eachother and they both lived up to their "weed" reputation. There was no inhibition at all, they outgrew me in short order.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the information Phil. Any other experiences before I file this inhibition in the "don't believe everything you read on the internet" folder?

Although, the information came from very esteemed members on a certain reputable mailing list. :biggrin:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
That would be me, I noticed it but could not confirm it and it would seem odd to have it occur since we don't see it with other plant-plant interactions.
I'd accept Phil's contention.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have h. zosterifolia and e. azurea in the same tank, but i have not noticed about some alleopathic. both are growning well. I don't know if are some alleopathic whit e. diversifolia.
best regards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts