Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reacted to the news that Photobucket now requires us to pay a big annual fee before we can use photos hosted by them in a forum post. I paid the price, and it worked for me for several weeks. Now I can't get my photos to work in the plug-in "add a photo icon" at all. Nothing shows up on my posts when I try to put a photo in. Does anyone else have this problem?

For example, when I use that icon I get this:
[AMG]http://s573.photobucket.com/user/Hoppycalif/media/fluorBulb_zpsm5mo0aqk.jpg.html[/AMG] (with an A substituted for the I, so this will show up). But, all that shows up in the post is
in other words, nothing at all.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
this has been happening with the way I upload photos.
These sites don't work for me either
Tinypic
Imgur
Ctrlq/images (ran by google)

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this has been happening with the way I upload photos.
These sites don't work for me either
Tinypic
Imgur
Ctrlq/images (ran by google)
That strongly suggests it is a problem with this site. Is the site major domo reading this???

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Hoppy, those websites also don't work on BarrReport.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You paid the several hundred dollar fee? What is the link they provide you for hosting?

Kyle
Hi Kyle, thanks for monitoring this. The link I posted last, that didn't work was "[AMG]http://s573.photobucket.com/user/Hoppycalif/media/fluorBulb_zpsm5mo0aqk.jpg.html[/AMG] (with an A substituted for the I, so this will show up).

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Hey there

I see in the link you pasted here, it ends in HTML - that is a 'page' file type. The 'image' file type is the JPG before that. Only 'image' file types will work with the IMG tags on the forum.

When I visit the link you pasted, I see some "Photo Hosting Links" options on the side. The DIRECT one will be the link that you want to use. It ends in JPG as an image file type.

Give that a try?

For Imgur, there should be a similar option as well.
TinyPic has a specific BB Code - it already includes the [IMG ] tags for you.

Additionally, you all have unlimited space to add photos here on the site, directly to your post. No need to use a third party host.

Dayle

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Hi

This option is available when you are posting a new thread, or if you reply using the "Go Advanced" button below.

In this screen, the reply box has a paperclip icon - click on this, and a new window opens where you can select your files from your computer, then upload them. You will see them listed there when the upload is successful, then you can close that window.

APCpaperclip.jpg

At this point, your images display at the bottom of your post, under "Attached Thumbnails". You can leave them like this, or you can put them inline in your post like I did above.

To do that, once your images are uploaded, you can click on the paperclip icon again and it is now a drop down list of your images. Make sure your cursor is where you want the image to appear, then click on it in the list.

APCcliplist.jpg

It will add the ATTACH tags in your post, with a number ID for your image.

Let us know if you have any trouble with this.

Dayle

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
oh its a attached thing...
Rather have it In the text with directlink. On this PC (windows 10) by directlink I CANNOT upload any images to any forum using imgur or something like that, but on my work computer I can upload images anywhere as usual. Any suggestions to why this is happening?

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey there

I see in the link you pasted here, it ends in HTML - that is a 'page' file type. The 'image' file type is the JPG before that. Only 'image' file types will work with the IMG tags on the forum.

When I visit the link you pasted, I see some "Photo Hosting Links" options on the side. The DIRECT one will be the link that you want to use. It ends in JPG as an image file type.

Give that a try?

For Imgur, there should be a similar option as well.
TinyPic has a specific BB Code - it already includes the [IMG ] tags for you.

Additionally, you all have unlimited space to add photos here on the site, directly to your post. No need to use a third party host.

Dayle
I had tried every one of the versions, plus modifications to every one of those versions, and none worked. Now, I just tried it again, and it works fine. There must have been a gremlin in the machinery for awhile????

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Testing embedding direct link here:

How to do this:

Step 1 - double click on the Direct link and copy this
pbdirectlink1.JPG

Step 2 - paste the link in your post and include the tags on either end, as circled here
[ATTACH]55090._xfImport[/ATTACH]

This is way to do it if you want to embed your images from PB directly into the body of your post (and not as attachments). Let us know if you're able to do this or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
Natalie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts