Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At times I look at nature pictures and get inspiration/ideas for an aquascape.

This one is very much perfect - very easy to "see" the aquascape in it. White sand, dwarf sags or even hairgrass, some small rocks, and pink or red plants for the accents.

A minimalistic tank of course... I bet it will do great at the ADA contest :D

What would your choice of plants be?

The original picture can be found here: http://www3.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1169732

--Nikolay

·
Registered
645 Posts
I think the yellow flowers contrast so well because they are so smooth and the grass is so sharp. I dont think it will come out to have the same effect but i can see Indica and cyperus being an extremely attractive tank. I've always wanted to do minimalistic scapes with Rotala sp green and Rotala Macranda green but i cannot control myself. I would like to see your setup when you set it up please.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks NICE!

but white sand......to replace PURE white snow? hahaha J/K! Good luck. To me helferi might be a bit too bunchy, but I have no other idea what other plant to choose from. Good LUCK with the aquascaping!

sam

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,

I would really like to suggest C.retrospiralis because both has a shiny line down the spine of the leaf, but it does not stay as sharp as those in the pics.

I think my choice will be Cyperus Helferi for the sharp plants and rotala macandra for the flowers, not yellow but it roundish leaves and bright red to make it look like a flower and it contrast well too.

my 2 cents.

Cheers
Vincent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts