Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is basically just a rebranded setup by Current-usa called the solana. The halide light is decent even if it does look like a hairdryer but it usually comes with a 12-14K marine centric bulb. The Circular PC light is neat but it is weak, adequate only for low light corals and plants. The one unique thing about the DFS offering is the option to get the same set up with high clarity glass.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This is basically just a rebranded setup by Current-usa called the solana. The halide light is decent even if it does look like a hairdryer but it usually comes with a 12-14K marine centric bulb. The Circular PC light is neat but it is weak, adequate only for low light corals and plants. The one unique thing about the DFS offering is the option to get the same set up with high clarity glass.
I actually like the halide fixture. It reminds me of the sixties? lamps that are coming back into fashion in modern interior decorating. Although I would have liked it if they had made the metal support bar connect to the lamp and be more of an arch. But to each his own...
Scouter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts