Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case my other thread doesn't get noticed since the title had nothing to do with this, I will post in a new thread.

Does anyone have the formula for mixing Iron Chelate?

I ordered Iron from Aquariumferts and it tells me 1 part iron to 9 parts distilled water. What does this really break down to in measurements I can actually understand?

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 mL of iron per 9 mL distill water (or 10mL per 90 mL water) from my old chemistry days. My instructor was right. Who knew I would apply it later in life. :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if the Iron is in dry powder form...what does my 1 ml equal to in something I can measure the iron in?

Actually nevermind, I guess 1 ml can be measured in my little scooper. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
So if the Iron is in dry powder form...what does my 1 ml equal to in something I can measure the iron in?

Actually nevermind, I guess 1 ml can be measured in my little scooper. Thanks for the help!
I wouldn't rely on that method. What type of dry iron did you get? It makes a difference when you are doing the calculations. Most calculators will have a few different versions to choose from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts