Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Clown loaches in my 60 gallon community planted tank. I've had them for about 2 months now. Last week I noticed, one of the clowns had the dreaded white spots on the body and fins. Taking caution on meds since they harm scaleles fish and clowns are known to croak from them. Did I mention the tank is heavily planted and I have shrimp too? I opted for the slow rising 86% degree temp/ salt method. It has been a week now and the clown loach with the spots still appears happy/active and normal. There is no outbreak in the tank. And I really can't figure how ich came into the tank since all the other fishes have been there for awhile. Am I actually looking at ich on this guy or is it something else?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have 2 Clown loaches in my 60 gallon community planted tank. I've had them for about 2 months now. Last week I noticed, one of the clowns had the dreaded white spots on the body and fins. Taking caution on meds since they harm scaleles fish and clowns are known to croak from them. Did I mention the tank is heavily planted and I have shrimp too? I opted for the slow rising 86% degree temp/ salt method. It has been a week now and the clown loach with the spots still appears happy/active and normal. There is no outbreak in the tank. And I really can't figure how ich came into the tank since all the other fishes have been there for awhile. Am I actually looking at ich on this guy or is it something else?
Have you added anything else in the last three or four weeks that might have carried the Ich parasite?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to put the fella in a hospital tank but my wife doesn't like the idea of having another tank at home. We already have a 10 gallon that's just laying around and she still doesn't want me to use it.

Nope, I haven't added anything in there at all. Except for the two clowns that were added 2 months ago and like what I said before, They were fine except for that one that's excibhiting the signs now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts