Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have bought a 20 gallon tank. I will set it up next week. I wanted it to have a glass lid and bought one with plastic brackets in the corner to hold it.

The thing is that it has those plastic pieces in bottom corners too and the bottom aquarium glass doesn't touch the ground. I think that the pressure may break the bottom glass. Should I put a mat to even it or try to remove those plasc parts?
Wood Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior Metal

I dont have a picture as I forgot the tank in the car but the plastic's shape is like in the picture I have found on web. More sturdy but similar shape.

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
Please post a photo of your tank when you can. Is it an all-glass frameless aquarium? That is to say it has no top and bottom plastic frame? Most aquaria are designed to be supported on the outer edges of the bottom. The bottom glass does not need to be supported.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please post a photo of your tank when you can. Is it an all-glass frameless aquarium? That is to say it has no top and bottom plastic frame? Most aquaria are designed to be supported on the outer edges of the bottom. The bottom glass does not need to be supported.
Hi Michael, below are the pictures of the tank. Wouldnt it be better if whole bottom touch the ground to even out the pressure?

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car

Refrigerator Hood Kitchen appliance Automotive exterior Home appliance

Hood Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Michael, below are the pictures of the tank. Wouldnt it be better if whole bottom touch the ground to even out the pressure?

View attachment 74332
View attachment 74331
View attachment 74330
I have a 5 Gallon tank just like this. Mine is a cube though so not so long. I cut small pieces from an aerobics/fitness mat and placed under the corner pieces only to even out any slight unevenness. It’s been fine for years, used and re set-up quite a few times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 5 Gallon tank just like this. Mine is a cube though so not so long. I cut small pieces from an aerobics/fitness mat and placed under the corner pieces only to even out any slight unevenness. It’s been fine for years, used and re set-up quite a few times.
Thanks alisonc. As far as I understand it will be safe just by support from the corners. Thanks, I feel assured.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts