Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just a note on this subject. I have 2 NPT in the house now. The first one I did I didn't sift the home depot top soil. That tanks water yellowed up over and over like tea overnight. the bubbles from the substrate would sometimes take the soil though the gravel cap while poking at it with a chopstick to relive the pressure. After six weeks or so it calmed down. For a long time I thought the experiment tank was not going to turnout right. Then it just started to run great on its own, generates very little bubbles now. Then my daughter was so impressed she wanted to redo her tank. So i used the same soil that was leftover from the first tank. We sifted the soil so no wood chips this time and used seachems fluorite black sand to cap it instead of the gravel I used on the experiment tank. This time the tank broke in at about the 3 week point almost no yellowing of the water and very few bubbles. I am happy with both tanks but how you set-up the tank even with the same materials makes a huge difference.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.