Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there is barely anyone here in the salt lake valley that are into planted tanks, and I can't find any clubs or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in slc and I have two planted tank....

I was thinking about starting a club here because the lack of the planted tank info in Utah. @hashbaz is that group in Utah?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Diyun4, the FB group is called "Utah Aquascaping and Planted Tanks". Here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/583764868420806/

Aaronbromley3, I'm not really sure why it fizzled out. I think people gradually lost interest. And the attendance dwindled until it was not worth continuing.

We had monthly meetings that consisted of a presentation and a little socializing. I'm not sure how many people were interested in the presentations. I was more interested in socializing and informal discussions. I wonder if quarterly meetings would work better.

In the FB group, there has been discussions of starting regular meetings, but nothing has ever happened.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I'll have to check that out and I would love to attend regular meetings if there were any.

·
Super Moderator
5,835 Posts
Our club has been active for a very long time, but we have faced the same issues. Last year we changed to having a meeting every other month instead of every month, and that helped. We also de-emphasized the formal presentations, and focused on meeting in members homes where we could have informal discussions about how each member manages his/her tanks. And the plant swap remains the big favorite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts