Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Go read the MCI threads. Stickies are sticky for a reason!

I wouldn't bother worrying about it unless you have (a) some kind of deficiency showing up or (b) some kind of algae showing up. Your underwater ecosystem will tell you what it needs, so you don't need to angst over the numbers. Just learn to speak Plant. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
(Prior content removed for inappropriateness. See my apology here.)

I'm afraid I can't give you any details about the way I dose Ca:Mg because (a) I don't know my tapwater concentrations of those minerals, and (b) I don't dose those separately, they're in a trace mix that I only sometimes use. Do let us know more details about your setup and how it matures with your water and dosing, so that a year from now when another poor confused soul runs across all the conflicting information, there will be some practical results for him to look at and use to make his dosing decision! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
My apologies for hurting anyone's feelings! I must be in a contrary and combative mood today. Knew I should have eaten more for lunch, I'm always ornery when I have low energy levels and never notice 'til someone calls me on it. Please forgive any offence which I have wrongfully offered. :oops:

Having offered apologies, may I ask what you mean by hobbyists not caring about water parameters, in good faith? This has not been my experience, and I wish for clarification. Certainly some parameters are important, if not Ca/Mg?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.