Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
............I'm blessed/cursed with ultra soft water( Ca:30 Mg:0 dKH: 2.5. So I get the choice of keeping things in the low end or dosing them up. I just didn't know what people think.............../
That's not very soft. My water is about half of that with a dKH of< 1. I used to use the standard 3:1 ratio of Ca to Mg. For the past few months I have been dosing equal (by volume) amounts of Ca, Mg and K2SO4. The only difference I see is less GDA on the glass. I keep my water around GH of 4 to 5 as I keep mostly tetras.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Silvering, IMO you come across as rather rude. This is the type of post more tyical tp TPT than APC. There was enough info in the opening post to begin offering advice. I suspect most hobbyists dont bother or care what the differences will be if you change your water chemistry.

Karen Randall's answer was very telling of what conditions are like in the wild. I am so happy to see she has joined our community here. Never realized she lived in my home State. Looking forward to her posts.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I specifically meant Ca & Mg. From what I percieve from threads posted here it's typically people who have too soft or water that is too hard that begin to look into this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.