Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am hoping to buy this SAE from someone. He say's it's about 3-3.5 inches. Is this a true SAE or flying fox? I don't see any wiskers and the black stripe looks like it goes all the way through. I'm not sure if its a safe buy or if I should just get one from the pet store. I don't have a quarantine tank so If he's not healthy could this harm my fish?

:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Do they stay around that size.. I wouldnt want a big monster swimming around in a 30 gallon ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I believe that a true SAE's black stripe extends through the tail, so yes, I believe that is a true SAE

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Nice! Do they stay around that size.. I wouldnt want a big monster swimming around in a 30 gallon ;)
They get about 6" (I think). The ones I got have grown SLOWLY, though. A 30gal is plenty big for just the one.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Looks authentic.
one of my SAEs is about 5 inches long. Big sucker. Also be advised it's the small ones that eat BBA- when they get older they just eat fish food!
You'd be wise to set up a QT tank.

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
i have a 5" SAE in a 30g planted and although he doesnt bother anything, his size is annoying. he just doesnt "fit" IMO :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Actually I decided I will get a younger one from the store. At least that way, he will have a while to grow in the 30 gallon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts