Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to aquarium. I have purchased this plant from a shop with many other but it's leaves are rotting.

I have tried google lens and it says that it is Anubias and I shouldn't plant the stem. But the guy in the shop had told me to do so.

I am confused, help please! Is that Anubias? Should I get it off and tie to a rock or something? The left one has only 2 leaves left and 1 is already rotting.

Water Plant Vertebrate Organism Terrestrial plant

Water Plant Vegetation Organism Grass

Plant Water Liquid Light Leaf

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's definitely not anubias. It looks like it may be Althernanthera ficoidea usually sold under the common name of "Green Hedge". If that is the case, I am sorry to inform you that it's not a true aquatic and does best as a terrestrial plant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't you love stores that sell non-aquatic plants as aquatic plants. I've been bitten by this at our local shop. Sure looked nice - at least i looked it up on my phone before buying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't you love stores that sell non-aquatic plants as aquatic plants. I've been bitten by this at our local shop. Sure looked nice - at least i looked it up on my phone before buying.
I would call and ask the guy there what to do. It is good that I asked it here instead or I would still be thinking where I do wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts