Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(reposted here from /r/plantedtank on Reddit, as advised)

I've had "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" on my Amazon list for months, waiting for xmas to come. But today I looked, and it's suddenly listed as out of stock, don't know when it'll come in, etc. Barnes and Noble is out, too. Though regular price was about $25-30, now I'm seeing prices at some places starting at almost $175 for a new copy! What?

No, I don't mind used, but my mom doesn't like buying "used" things for gifts. So please tell me maybe there's a new edition coming out? I hope so, because I don't have the money to spend on a book for myself. :wacko:

Thanks,

Kristen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Aquatic Gardeners Association has them available in the book store, and the copies sold there are signed!
Thanks! I'll stick that one on my wishlist, instead.

Hey, are you the K Randall that used to haunt the aquatic plants list about 20-25 years ago? I used to haunt the rec.aquaria.* newsgroups, and people used to ask me if I was you all the time ("Nope, I'm the fish K Randall, not the plants K Randall.")

:fencing:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think Diana retired? I wouldn't hold my breath for a new edition to come out... Would be neat though...

Also didn't know reddit had a plantedtank subforum, neat!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can buy used on Amazon for around $30. I bought a copy off of Amazon (new) around three weeks ago. Just under the wire. Might check your library.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought it 3 weeks ago on Amazon for $24.
I know it just ran out of stock, but what made me wonder is that B&N is out, too. As I doubt they share the same warehouse, it seemed an odd coincidence. Maybe it's a problem with the publisher getting copies out.

·
Registered
468 Posts
On the one hand I'm glad to see she's still writing... On the other hand, that's not high on the list of books I'd expect her to be writing...

I might just have to give it a read though, for science, of course... :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks! I'll stick that one on my wishlist, instead.

Hey, are you the K Randall that used to haunt the aquatic plants list about 20-25 years ago? I used to haunt the rec.aquaria.* newsgroups, and people used to ask me if I was you all the time ("Nope, I'm the fish K Randall, not the plants K Randall.")

:fencing:
I've been around for a while ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also didn't know reddit had a plantedtank subforum, neat!
Yeah, we could use some traffic, if anyone's a redditor! It's sometimes hard having a serious-minded sub-reddit, especially for something kind of obscure. It's mostly more beginner advice there and on /r/aquariums. Well, aquariums gets blasted with a lot of "omg, my fish are dying, why?" posts that could use a circulation of experts to help out with. There's also /r/aquaswap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts