Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Isoetes Iacustris? I have just purchased a couple of them to plant in low moderate light, with CO2 and EI fertilizing. I tried one of these several years ago, unsuccessfully. First, it would constantly float out of the substrate. Then, it just gradually died.

My substrate is nutrient rich, one of the parameters the plant is supposed to need, and my light level will be relatively low, the equivalent of about 1.5 watts per gallon. What are the secrets to success with this plant?

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understood this to be a moderately low light plant, or I wouldn't have even considered it. It may be like other low light plants, it can do ok with low light, but grows bigger, faster under high light. That is my hope anyway. The description of it makes me think it may die back twice a year, then regrow. In any case, it looks very ineresting.

Robert, do you think it will do well with low hardness water? It may prefer harder water, but still do well without it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.