Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 75 gallon has been setup for a year now...very mature amazon swords (second generation). Short of tearing the tank down, an starting over, any ideas on how to freshin up a mature tank. It's a beautiful tank and I'm pround of it, I'm just bored with it.....so if you have any ideas , I sure would like to hear them....thanks.....sorry about the pixs..celphone..

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
First off, your discus and swords are awesome! Have you thought about refreshing it with some differant plants? However, i would hate to get rid of those swords, I have had and still have large swords and I can't part with them! You can always relandscape with some driftwood and change the layout a bit. Or, maybe just upgrade with a new high-tech gadget of some sort if its in your budget, that helps me from getting bored from time to time. Like i said earlier try some different plants maybe in a corner of the tank, I find stem plants are always fun and can be challenging depending on the species. Anyways, your tank looks good and you should be proud of it!! Good Job!!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Hi LIONHEAD,

I like your tank too, the Discus have great color and look healthy. I agree with Dan S, maybe move some plants around and add some new hardscape to change the look. Maybe just keep one of the Amazon Swords as a Center Plant and try different plants with different leaf textures and colors.

·
Registered
930 Posts
How about some ricca or rhizome plants, such as java fern. Looks like you have room for some ground cover.

What plants are in there?

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Wish I could see a FTS. It looks very healthy and clean. I love swords too, they can just be overpowering. I just got rid of Echnio. 'africanus'. I loved that sword but got too tall for my tank.

You could try some shorter type crypts. Stems are always fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts