Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, NASH-folk! The move-date has been confirmed, I'll officially be living in Houston November 1. I'll be on the North-East side (just North of 90, just inside the Beltway). I look forward to meeting everyone at the next meeting, and if anyone's got time to visit, I'll be on leave that whole first week (3rd through 7th).

For those going to the AGA convention, have fun and travel safely!

-Dave

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Congrats, Dave! We also look forward to meeting and talking to ya when the meeting beckons:) As well, thanks for the plants. I am sure they are helping some people speed up their tanks' recoveries!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D You're welcome! :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Congratulations, Dave.

Looks like you're going to be in good company with all the other hobbyists. I envy you.

Hope your move is safe.

regards,
Ravi

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Welcome to Houston! Make sure you bring a generator for next season :wave:!

Water from the tap is ~450 uS and 8 dKH:drinkers:.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got a new one a couple days after Ike. Maybe we can run an extension cord along with the c02 tubing between Crosby and Friendswood. :) Better hurry though my duckweed is disappearing. See llink.. http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/fish-planted-aquarium/showthread.php?t=56513
:pound: We'll get the city to run us a central line for shared CO2, and a pipeline for duckweed transport! :)

Bunbuku, you'll have to forgive me, I don't know what ~450uS means. But I'm guessing it means alot of dissolved minerals? Anyway, I DO plan on using tap water. Are there any plants I should AVOID (besides Erio and Tonina, I'm not brave enough to try those anyway) ?

Ravi, thanks, I'll be sure to drive carefully. One major plus is that the gov't is having a moving company pack and move EVERYTHING. All I have to do is pack up the family, dog and fish and drive down there.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Bunbuku, you'll have to forgive me, I don't know what ~450uS means. But I'm guessing it means alot of dissolved minerals? Anyway, I DO plan on using tap water. Are there any plants I should AVOID (besides Erio and Tonina, I'm not brave enough to try those anyway) ?
Yes that is the measurement from my TDS meter (442 mode) this website http://www.hydroponicequipment.com/infopages/tds.shtml converts it to ~300 ppm. Using Amazonia should help.

I have an RO/DI system and since I only have 2 tanks, a 6 gallon Tetra and an ADA60P, it works out OK for me. I add either Kent R/O right for GH only or some of the "reject" water (which has been sediment/carbon filtered) to increase GH/KH.

Luis and ADG uses only tap water and their tanks are fabulous. I don't recall seeing any Erios/Tonnia in them.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Dave PM me when you get in town so that we can get togeather with you and some of the NASH guys. We can show you some of the good spots around town....like ADG!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave PM me when you get in town so that we can get togeather with you and some of the NASH guys. We can show you some of the good spots around town....like ADG!!!!
Sounds great. I'll be at Star Pizza on Saturday, but if you don't make it there I'll PM that following week. I'll have the whole week off work.

-Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts