Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned off my filter to feed my fish a minute ago and noticed that my radican sword appeared to be leaking airbubbles. I started looking closer and the radican, its plantlet, A. reineckii, and my italian val are all pearling! First time ever!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lol Sir. My plants started pearling yesterday for the first time too, after I added another DIY CO2 bottle with cigarette filter tips. :D
Congrats!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good job. My plants pearl often but they dont look healthy, covered in annoying hair algae but they still let out a nice constent stream of air bubbles.

.dc

·
Registered
119 Posts
The only time I have observed pearling is when I have done my tank maintainance and did some pruning. I'm not sure if that counts though, the trimmed parts are the parts that are leaking.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I noticed even more pearling today. And thats with DIY co2 on the 75 gallon tank. :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One two liter bottle of co2 with an ehiem diffuser. I dont know if you would call my fish load moderate or low or what. 2 discus, 10 rummynose, 4 corys, 3 ottos, 3 loaches, 2 columbian tetras, 2 killis, pleco, 3 sae, and....uh.....i think thats it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think 1 bottle is not enough lol. Maybe three would be perfect =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts