Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone that has used the Iwasaki Metal Halide 250 Watt 6500k Bulb comment on it color cast? The web site that's selling it notes that it has a warm yellow white light. Is that just to say that it's not as blue-white as a 10000K MH bulb? Or is there really a yellow color cast to the light like a warm white fluorescent bulb would exhibit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
More yellow then the 250W Aquamedic 5500K? I don't find those, the AM, bulbs to have much a of a yellowish cast. I'm wondering if the marketing discription is based on a comparison of the 6500K to the 10,000K.more then how the bulb looks alone.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I'm basing it on my reef experience. If you go to Reef Central, you can see pictures comparing the various metal halide bulbs.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gnatster said:
More yellow then the 250W Aquamedic 5500K? I don't find those, the AM, bulbs to have much a of a yellowish cast. I'm wondering if the marketing discription is based on a comparison of the 6500K to the 10,000K.more then how the bulb looks alone.
gnatster,
Who'd you buy your AquaSpaceLight from, and were you able to buy it with the 5500K bulbs instead of the 10000K they typically ship with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts