Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jan,
Here I go again thinking about getting some new fish. I'd like to get some Emperor tetras- I know these are peaceful fish. (even the Kerri Blue?)

I have a 72g heavily planted & wooded tank with the following:
2 small SAEs, 2 small clown plecos, 3 harrisoni pencilfish, 5 small apistos, about 15 elderly rummynoses, and about 20 large cardinals (and a bunch of amanos). All small fish.
Anyways- here is my question. Do you think I have room for a group of emperors? I do weekly 25% water changes.

Thanks for your opinion,
penny

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
woops, sorry, but thanks for butting in!
yeah- the harrisonis are hard to find, i bought all 3 the LFS had. can't find any more. I've been on that search for a very long time.

well, now you give me pause- i guess that's why I asked the question. Maybe I shouldn't until the rummys are gone.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my faux pas for calling you out by name. :)

Anyhoo- yeah- I've wanted some Emperors for a while, and there are some really nice ones available, possibly. So I got the fish-adding fever. After quarantining of course.

I have a few weeks to decide. Anybody know what a good size group of Emperors is? I may end up with "Kerri blues" or just the regular garden variety emperor. I like 'em both. Opinions on Kerris vs regular are welcomed also. I've never actually seen the kerris.

The aforementioned rummynoses are like 6-8 years old, and look pretty elderly... a few have gone to the big fishtank in the sky, but I can't believe how long they are hangin' in.

and of course the apistos only live 2 yrs max, and these are halfway there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.