Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pleased to announce that the January 2005 Tank of the Month belongs to Daniel Larsson. Congratulations Daniel!

To discuss and see more of Daniel's tank please go here.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Congrats, Daniel =D>

I love the purple background, reminds of the evening sky as the sun is setting. How did you acheive this effect?

The piece of driftwood is awesome. Is that one piece or several pieces put together to look like one?

The foreground is thick & lush, very healthy plants and just a crisp clear look overall.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I remember when this tank was discussed at the AGA Convention last November. I don't remember exactly what ranking it got, but I would have given it first place. There is something about the growth and coloration of the plants that brings to mind a northern forest with birch, aspen and some pines. I think that the lighting enhances the effect.

Many aquascaped tanks look more like lush, tropical jungles, and this tank was refreshingly different.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thankyou everyone! This is an honour ofcourse.

trenac said:
I love the purple background, reminds of the evening sky as the sun is setting. How did you acheive this effect?
It's actually a purple color on the walls of my livingroom:
http://defblog.akvarie.net/picture/1308.html
(have no fear, it will be painted white soon ;)

trenac said:
The piece of driftwood is awesome. Is that one piece or several pieces put together to look like one?
It's two pieces. I'm not satisfied with the left part (too massive). But I've recently flipped them over, and I think it will be somewhat better proportions because a larger part of the massive branch will be buried deep in the gravel (work/growth in progress):
http://defblog.akvarie.net/picture/1541.html

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Maybe you should leave the wall behind the tank purple, it makes a quiet a interesting background effect.

I checked out your gallery, some great pics. Did you take all those? Your pup is so very cute!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I really like your tanks, especially the one in which you used L. inclinata "Cuba" and L. glandulosa...the effect was really nice. And the purplish background is great, maybe you should leave the area behind the aquarium purple... :D

I also see that you too are in love with Chocolate Gouramis? :wink:

·
Registered
298 Posts
trenac said:
Maybe you should leave the wall behind the tank purple, it makes a quiet a interesting background effect.
Acutally I think I might have the paint somewhere on the attic. Hmm.. Perhaps paint a cardboard, but there are several colors I would like to test in the future. The orange-look the ADA-winner had a couple of years ago I think was really neat.

I checked out your gallery, some great pics. Did you take all those? Your pup is so very cute!
Yep, I like to take bubble-pictures =) The pup is my girlfriends Chihuahua, and yes it's an amazing dog. More dog than any other I've met - despite it's size. I've gone from being an all Border Collie/Sheltie-guy to a complete Chihuahua-maniac.

I also see that you too are in love with Chocolate Gouramis?
Yes, it's way of examining everything in the tank with it's cameleon-eyes makes it feel so intelligent, and the coloration and shape is also very nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
a freudian landscape ?

Hi, this post may seem a little bit weird :shock: but there it's : Daniel, I love your tank I like the way it's balanced but not symmetric. I showed the pictures and your comments to a friend who asked me a very strange question : "is there something Freudian in this landscape ? I find it very "curvy"!"... shocking :oops: ? stupid :? ? ... well let's give a second look to some pictures and comments. http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forum/files/defdac/2003-08-29.jpg[/img]
[/code]The current design is convex and concave. The wood is concave and the plant group is convex. I wanted to try the 3D-perspective-illusion Takashi Amano often makes with driftwood making the tank look deeper and leading the eye away from the confinements of the tank. The driftwood forms a big hug, hugging and welcoming the viewer and in it's lap I placed the solitaire Ludwigia glandulosa[/quote]
There might be an unconsciousness part in the building of our landscape. what do you think about that ?
T-bo

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: a freudian landscape ?

Yes it might be.

I called the scape "The hug" in the AGA-contest.
When you entered the room with this aquarium the driftwood welcomes you with open arms - a hug. The middle part is not the penis, but in fact, the neck+head. The left and right parts are the arms.

One Swede compared it to a Moose-horn.

Good scapes I think invokes feelings =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts