Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a way to kick off the New Year! Great to see old faces and welcome new faces to the club. There were also a few member from GHAC (Greater Houston Aquarium Club). Total of 17 showed up! This meeting was about setting up a 75gal inspired by an anubias setup on Aquajournal. This also gives new members a chance to learn and understand the process of setting up a planted tank. Hope there was something that everyone can learn from. Enough of my rambling. Here's are some pic.

Material and plants

Luis multitasking

Dave showing some of his modeling skills

Now he just hogging the spot light

Kevin is not going to be out do by Dave.

Piecing hardscape together

The final hardscape.

Members gathering.

The planting begins.

Kevin's digging it

Final

Now sit back and watch it grow! Kevin will be doing a journal and keep us update on the progress. Thanks Kevin for a great meeting!

Cheers,
Thanh

·
Registered
469 Posts
Great meeting. Now if anyone has free tickets for the Super Bowl Luis and I will gladly take them off their hands. :) Go Steelers!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I missed this one too... apparently I did not wake up to the sounds of my phone nor the beating of my door.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
It was a terrific meeting. I learned alot about planting techniques and had a blast playing in the anubias bucket! :) It was great seeing you guys again, and great meeting new faces. Can't wait for the next meeting.

Oh, I got my CO2 hooked up finally. No more DIY!! And finally got that HOB filter off my tank and replaced with a POWERFUL 2217! Thanks, Thanh and Kevin. :clap2:

-Dave

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great start to a new year guys! Thanh, good pictures :D. Might borrow a few from you if my picture turn out to be too bad for the write-up.
Feel free and blog away!

It was a terrific meeting. I learned alot about planting techniques and had a blast playing in the anubias bucket! :) It was great seeing you guys again, and great meeting new faces. Can't wait for the next meeting.

Oh, I got my CO2 hooked up finally. No more DIY!! And finally got that HOB filter off my tank and replaced with a POWERFUL 2217! Thanks, Thanh and Kevin. :clap2:

-Dave
Dave, that's what it's all about. Helping our fellow member out!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sorry guys, I was MIA yesterday

I want to thank everyone who came out, and would like to give a big shout out for those that helped make this happen.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Looked like fun and a great start to the New Year!:smokin: Sorry I could not make it. Thanh's pictures give the impression that Luis and Bhushan did all the planting and Kev only does hardscape ;-)! Now that's specialization!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looked like fun and a great start to the New Year!:smokin: Sorry I could not make it. Thanh's pictures give the impression that Luis and Bhushan did all the planting and Kev only does hardscape ;-)! Now that's specialization!
It was quite fun. Luis did most of the work. Kevin, Bhushan, Dave and Evan did most of the plant prepping. The year is still new so lots more activity coming. The party just getting started.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Come on Bhushan

You were a huge help with that scape.

Bhushan supervised the Anubis trimming/selecting and attaching to the tye-down stones.

Also he did a great job at destroying my 60P to remove some MM for the scape (just kidding he did it as delicately as possible, we just had to remove a lot of it).

For the most part, Luis and I had the inspiration pic identified, and figured out most of the design ahead of time. And during the set-up we all followed Luis (leaning on his vast experience) as we planted with what we had.

As the tank evolves and grows I will post pics, I am just now planing out my journal so please be patient.

If any one has or finds some Bolbitis please let me know, I need some for this tank. at least three good bunches.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Come on Bhushan

You were a huge help with that scape.

Bhushan supervised the Anubis trimming/selecting and attaching to the tye-down stones.

Also he did a great job at destroying my 60P to remove some MM for the scape (just kidding he did it as delicately as possible, we just had to remove a lot of it).

For the most part, Luis and I had the inspiration pic identified, and figured out most of the design ahead of time. And during the set-up we all followed Luis (leaning on his vast experience) as we planted with what we had.

As the tank evolves and grows I will post pics, I am just now planing out my journal so please be patient.

If any one has or finds some Bolbitis please let me know, I need some for this tank. at least three good bunches.
Kev, Thanks a lot for hosting our first meeting this year . Its been a great start. If you don't want to wait I think City pets had some rhizomes of Bolbitis at a good price last time I was there. But they did not look that great. I will keep an eye out for you though.:D

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Very nice write up Bhushan! I am particularly intrigued how/why Kev decided to set up the filtration - drilling into glass! Yikes!

Doesn't look like many stems were planted. Will this be a low maintenance tank?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts