Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASH members, as we approach the end of 2008, looking back on what we have a accomplished this past year has amazed me. The Wabi Kusa presentation by our own Paul, the Eric Do presentation with on freshwater invertebrates, and the great NASH representation at the AGA convention (pick up the DVD to see NASH members assisting Amano do his demo); just to name a few things that happened this past year. Looking forward to the next year we have just as packed, if not more packed of a schedule; April plant fest coming up.

Let’s start 2009 off with a bang, Luis and I will be setting up my new (and finally ready) 75g tank. This will be a Mangrove style tank inspired by the Aqua Journal July 1996 Vol. 25 “Blessings of the Mangrove” layout.

Location Kevin’s house (Pearland) PM or call me for location
Date January 17, 2009
Time Noon

Also, remember that membership fees are due in January. $25 per person or $30 for family.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Kevin:

I think you are the man for the club because you are the one who tied everything together! I am honored to have the privilege of working/assisting alongside you, Luis, and the whole of NASH. It will be a great year to come, indeed!

As a little side note, I recently found a job with the City of Houston. I will be working as the Inspector for the Food Industry. Yes, I am in the department in which Marvin Zindler used to get his info on restaurants from:) Eyyyyyyye Witness NEWS!!! So I am VERY thankful especially in this time when our economy and job market are going south. With job security now settled, I can proud to say I will once again(and with more zeal)dedicate myself to helping out with the club. I will do my best to help out as much AND whenever I can. And yes, I will also tell you which restaurants are good(or not good) to go eat:D

Last but not least are our new and current members. I welcome you to NASH and hope you will join us as we embark on this great journey of 2009! You guys are what makes the club possible.

And as always, our super BIG THANKS go to ADG's Mike and Jeff Senske Brothers for always backing us up with their support and lending us their super-awesome meeting room! It gets better and better every time I go to it. There are now like 4 or 5 ADA tanks in there:)

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I've got it marked on my calendar...and this time no Christmas tree shopping to do. :D

Kevin, can you please PM me your address so I can MapQuest directions?

-Dave

ps, do you know the date for the April plant fest yet? I want to make extra sure I have those days available from work.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Guys, Looking forward to a great year with NASH.
Kevin got the address. Thanks!
Paul, Congrats for the new job.
Dave, It going to be the second weekend in April. As of now we are looking at 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th.

Bhushan

·
Registered
62 Posts
At least tell me what is "Blessings of the Mangrove". I don't have that old Aqua Journal to look at. I'll come by your house next Jan.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
NASH members, as we approach the end of 2008, looking back on what we have a accomplished this past year has amazed me. The Wabi Kusa presentation by our own Paul, the Eric Do presentation with on freshwater invertebrates, and the great NASH representation at the AGA convention (pick up the DVD to see NASH members assisting Amano do his demo); just to name a few things that happened this past year. Looking forward to the next year we have just as packed, if not more packed of a schedule; April plant fest coming up.

Let's start 2009 off with a bang, Luis and I will be setting up my new (and finally ready) 75g tank. This will be a Mangrove style tank inspired by the Aqua Journal July 1996 Vol. 25 "Blessings of the Mangrove" layout.

Location Kevin's house (Pearland) PM or call me for location
Date January 17, 2009
Time Noon

Also, remember that membership fees are due in January. $25 per person or $30 for family.
Wow that is a great start to the New Year! How about some pics of your Aqua Journal inspiration as a teaser?

So what was Amano like in person? Calm, serene or hard driving task master? Ya'll must have learned some techniques the master uses to work with wood, plants etc. It would be great to hear about it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Wow that is a great start to the New Year! How about some pics of your Aqua Journal inspiration as a teaser?

So what was Amano like in person? Calm, serene or hard driving task master? Ya'll must have learned some techniques the master uses to work with wood, plants etc. It would be great to hear about it.
Anubias will be involved. ;)

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Slapped around by the master eh? :whip: Which one of you was able to snatch the anubias petite out of his hand?

·
Registered
145 Posts
More like which one of them had to hand tie moss and anubias to rocks for hours. LOL

I know I have a picture of that some place.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah we need to get this done
The more time I have to wait on this the more I keep tweaking the hardware an the more money I keep spending on it. I mean I just spent $40 at home depot, not a hard thing to do but on PVC fittings!

Anyways, the wood is soaking and I need to hang the lights and set the tank this week. Just a good solid day of work.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I'll be bringing a few E.quadricostatus and some other trimmings for whoever wants them (especially th new guy...cauxin) .

I can also pick up some "wild caught" Ludwigia palustris and Bacopa monneiri if anyone wants. Just let me know.

I'll also be bringing some $$ for an Azoo regulator, a canister filter, and membership dues! :bounce:

-Dave

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
10 more days! Get your popcorn ready. :popcorn:
Do we want to video the whole thing? I can bring my camcorder but someone more talented will have to do the post editing. Maybe we can make underground nature tank setup DVD and sell them:wof:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Do we want to video the whole thing? I can bring my camcorder but someone more talented will have to do the post editing. Maybe we can make underground nature tank setup DVD and sell them:wof:
Yes, bring the video camera! Give Kevin and Luis the added pressure. I'm all for it. :boink:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts