Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Just read ms Walstad book and gave a lot of good information about plants to have with my neocaridina shrimps here in Brazil.

My aquarium is a 5gal with probidio shrimp soil (2cm) (pH 7, TDS 220, KH 2). Shrimps are healthy and in their first round of breeding (3monhts aquarium). It's located next to a window that receives 2-3 hours direct sunlight at 3-6 afternoon.

Fauna: Around 10 yellow neo caridina shrimps, 16 nerite snails clenchi and zebra (I know, a lot, but I love them) and some really small pondsnail that sometimes appears (I remove them when I can).

Flora: Java moss, one Anubia Barteri and one Java Fern.

They came with a lot of black algae that disappeared in time (thanks to ms Walstad hints).

My problem: Java Moss is growing very fast, even the Anubia is growing beautiful, but the MP is becoming brown and not growing.

What can I do? Maybe too many plants in the aquarium?

Best Regars

Tomas Rivera

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the insights.

As you can see in the pictures, I don't even have a sufficient substract layer to bury roots or rhizome. Both anubia and JF are tied to a small stone to avoid floating.

Even at the cycling period my levels of ammonia/ammonium were very low. It might be right about N and K deficiency, but I'm really afraid to dose it on shrimps and nerites. What do you think about it?

Regards

Tomas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.