Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have some Java Fern Trident that i have had about a month in my heavily planted 55 Gallon tank. And it's now turning black in spots. All of my other 30 varieties of plants are doing fine. Can anyone advise. diy co2 + i use excel. I do a 30 % water change every 5 days due to a heavy fish load. I do ei dosing and my water parameters are fine. I check every 3 days or so. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Hi akamasha,

I grow both Microsorum pteropus, and Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov' here in Renton. In spite of everything I have read, my Java Ferns seem to really like as much of my 2 WPG of 6700K light that they can get. I have pressurized CO2 and I dose according to the PPS-Pro method here on APC, and I am regularly taking "extras" to GSAS meetings.

What kind of lighting and ferts are you giving it and where is it located in the tank, in a well lit or darker area of your tank? Do you have your fern attached to a rock or wood? My ferns grow much faster and larger that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.