Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tropica plants of denmark has a variety of Java fern they call "undulata". It has very wavy edged leaves. I am trying to figure out if that is what I have here:

The leaves are very wavy, but also consist of three lobes, two short, one long in the middle

The leaves are also quite long, over 12".

These are all growing on wood and every piece has the same type of java fern. I know Florida aquatic nurseries imports plants into their stock, so it could originate from anywhere. Is this just some type of natural variant?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Awesome trident:shock:! I have some java fern emersed in a vivarium and it looks just like that, but single leafed of course. After a couple of weeks the emersed leaves turn a lighter green and get that wavy edge, while the lower submersed leaves stay normal. About half of the original leaves have the same burned edge that your plant shows, but all of the new leaves don't.

I will bring some ugly emersed ones to the Oregon plant swap. Any way I can place an order with you and pick up plants at the swap?:pray: Check your PM's!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts