Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello All Sadly I have to tear down ALL of my planted tanks becuase of my move to Boston Ma for school (Berklee college of music) so I thought id out together a collective journal for all of my six planted tanks in one thread just to show what im currently keeping before i tear all my tanks down in the next couple of days:
so First up my 75 gallon planted: lots of rare gems in here including a low grow hygro, echinodorus red devil, some midground hygro tom barr game me, ludwigia patanal and lots of other cool stuff

Next up my 30 gallon iwagami layout: w/ crypt cordata rosanervig and java fern 'trident'

Then my ADA 60P- set up at one of the SAPS meeting i hosted

Heres my 25 gallon Tall Crystal Red Shrimp TANK: with echinodorus rockter october and some tonia

then My 25 tall Wood Predator tank: mostly bolbitis and micro sword (got the wood from tom barr)

and last a 10 gallon flame moss carpet i grew for kicks no real scape ever came of it:

so those Are my tanks, which are being torn down today and tomorrow, I am hoping to keep my favorite plants and setup a new tank in boston when I'm settled in but who knows my busy schedule might not permit it

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow, it's a shame you have to tear those down. They're beautiful.

Best of luck in school, and hope you can set up a tank you love just as much when you get there and get settled!

·
Registered
209 Posts
enjoy boston! My friend lives there, it is one of the best cities I've ever visited, I know you'll love it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow wonderful tanks you have. It sad you have to break them down. Boston is an awesome city!!! I wish you luck in your college and ope your not gone from the boards to long.:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
The tanks look great, especially the first one! Must've taken quite some time and dedication. Does Berklee allow you to keep fish tanks in dorms? I know some allow it if it's less than 10 gallons.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
My congratulations! :D You are going to Berklee college of music, this is great!!! It is an awesome school, so don’t feel bad! :D
I hope you'll like Boston, it is my favorite city in the world, and I've seen a few. This is why I settled in this area.
I am going to see B.B. King this Saturday, he's coming to town for his 60th anniversary celebration. So it is not all that bad.

P.S. Your tanks look great :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats at the opportunity and condolences for losing your planted tanks. I know how much work it is to get them looking like you have em, they're beautiful.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
So sad about tearing down those beauties! Glad you will be able to keep some of your favorite plants. I'm sure you'll knock our socks off again, once you get settled. Hope you enjoy your new surroundings. I know you're going to love your studies! Congrats at being accepted again! :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
nice tanks! i thot u had a tank that was on a piano. i liked that tank.

btw where do you get steel mesh? the type i bought starts rusting after awhile.

·
Registered
196 Posts
too bad about tearing them down but school and moving can really be a pain with this hobby. I remember my poor fish I had during school went through 5 moves, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats on college. I just started as well (at UVA), and I'm setting up a planted tank in my dorm room- the journal is here. I'll be sure to check yours out as well, whenever you post it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Beautiful tanks. What are you going to do with all your plants? Hope you enjoy great seafood. Let me know if Durgin-Park restaurant is still there on the wharf. I was in Boston in 1963; you sit in 1827 atmosphere and eat with others on a long table. You'll love it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts