Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked before but, here goes anyway...

For all you Nano Cube owners:

How do you like it?
The 12g, 24w...Is this enough light for some of the high light stem plants?
Is the filter easy to get to and clean?
How do you diffuse co2? (DIY or pressurized)

Sorry, if all of this questions have been answered before in other threads. I'm too lazy to do a search and read all of the post.
If there is anything else you'd like to add please do.

Thank you,
Roy

· Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tsunami said:
Roy,

A simple search would have answered your questions. Check out my journal on the JBJ nano cube. I was using the stock lighting, which could grow moderatel light plants very well. I modified it a little to grow things like Ludwigia ovalis towards the end:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/showthread.php?t=419&highlight=nano+cube

I used a mini-vortex reactor, which fits perfectly in the back of the tank in the spacious sump.

Carlos
Great...That's why I bought your mini-vortex reactor from you...lol

· Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gnatster said:
Oh sorry...

I have one with the single bulb and that is not sufficient for high light stems. I can't comment on the 24W version. One of the APC sponsors, Aquabotanic I believe, does ship with a bulb better suited for plant growth. In my travels I have seen a site that sells modified hoods for more light, these are aimed at the reef community.

The filter is easy to get to, easy to clean.

I don't add CO2 but would imagine a small diffuser or a Hagan ladder can easily be fitted.
Thanks Nate...i was just joking around.
I think i'm going to buy the deluxe model with more wattage. Before yersterday i've never seen one in person. Only in pictures but, an LFS I visited yesterday are now carring them. The 12g-24w model is going for $117.00 and the dx model is $159.00. Seems like a good price ...Thanks for the info...after seeing it for myself, I answered all my questions. A big thank you to Carlos as well!!!

· Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Trenac and Robert!!!

Trenac, If it gets that hot in the summer in NC, how hot will it get in the summer time of Arizona?????

Robert, If some fish manage to get over the "wall"...i'm wondering if shrimp will be more of a problem...hmmm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.