Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the fans in my 6g nanocube was making a ton of noise. Today I took it apart and removed the faulty fan.

Has anyone had to replace these in the past? or have a good site to recommend to buy a replacement?

Has anyone removed the fans on one of these units--are they really necessary?

I contacted one of their dealers but they want $22 for one fan . . . doesn't sound like a good deal.

Thanks,

-Roy

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would deff keep a fan in there. It gets hot under those splash guards. I have a 24g jbj that i use for saltwater and my fan went out. I let it go for too long and the heat warped and cracked the plastic. Go to any computer parts site, you can measure what size fan you have and then pick one up there for dollars.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotbags-10 -- thanks for the input. Sounds like I shouldn't risk going w/out any fans in the cube. It is always so tempting to go quiet though.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok--now the other fan is dying the same way as the first.

I have been running w/ only 1 for the last year w/out any issues that I am aware of. I guess I'll try the computer parts store route as I really don't want to pay $22 for a 2 inch fan.

Does anyone else have any experience w/ this? I would definitely not buy the nanocube again given the difficulties I've had w/ these fans. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts