Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Gnat is right. But a side effect to the benefit of some manufacturer/distributors is that they can conceal quality control problems. I personally believe the number of faulty JBJ regulators is at an unacceptably high level. But it would be impossible to get try figures for that without forcing the issue in a court.

Andrew Cribb

· Registered
1,035 Posts
On the other hand:

- buy JBJ regulator from on-line vendor USD90 approx. September 2004
- installed correctly September 2004
- regulator body starts leaking gas - complete failure of regulator - December 2004
- speak to vendor by email and advised to return to JBJ/Transworld
- call JBJ/Transworld and verify their address
- send JBJ regulator carefully packaged and padded in a NEW 15x12x10 shipping carton via UPS ground at my expense, insured, with a respectful cover letter
- UPS deliver and get Transworld's signature
- no word.... remind Transworld and vendor, vendor reminds Transworld.... in the meantime, USD90 + UPS charges held in hostage. Tank goes to hell. End up buying another regulator, an Azoo, another USD80 or so.
- no word, reminder to Transworld and vendor
- no word, formal complaint lodged with the Better Business Bureau.
- February 16, 2005: Transworld return via UPS - in a shoddy carton very poorly packed a "replacement" regulator. Looking at it, I think it is a renovated regulator. I have photos of the packaging.

That is service? Forget it. If you buy a JBJ regulator, you can possibly look forward to this type of warranty service.

Andrew Cribb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.