Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Gorgeous Angels Jeff! Did you get them from Dave Ramsey? I saw that he'd bred some new strain of wilds.
I actually got them from a guy named Mike Gibbs. He's breeding blue genes, but pulling in some wild caught to try to keep the gene pool fresh. These were his "toss aways" if you will....some from a breeding that didn't quite show the blue gene. But, as they've aged, I can see blue coming out in several of them and I fully expect that I'd see more blue if I had a spawn go to fry.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, it's been long enough without an update.

Everything's pretty much growing strong. The 2 hour midday burst is doing wonders for the crypts and narrow leaf java fern. A little gsa here and there. I'm still dialing in co2, and may decide to reduce the 6 x54w midday burst to a 4x54w midday.

I got in those lilaeopsis pots and planted them. They're growing strong, but still a few months away from being a full carpet. Other plants are doing pretty well too.

The overall scape is start to get a little closer to the image I have in my mind.

Current stocking is:

~30 Otos
13 Wild Scalare x Pb Angels
16 Red Phantom Tetras
5 Nannostomus marginatus
1 Dojo loach
20+ olive nerites
and I toss in about 20-30 RCS every 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Looking great Jeffrey! Are your fish eating the shrimp? My discus have taken a shining to a nice Cherry Shrimp snack of late. Thank the fish gods the shrimp are breeding in the sump.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd love to get an RCS colony going...helpful cleaners and extra food source, but yeah, so far they are just a nice snack. I've got them breeding in a 15g.

I'm hoping that once the lilaeopsis fills in that it'll be a good enough cover to allow for the scrimps to survive.

So, total I've probably tossed in about 100 so far and every once in a while I see one or two, so it's possible they are just hanging out in the weeds, but I doubt it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts